Business Development Executive – BDD Pharma Ltd.
We are looking for an organized, results-focused individual with good technical competence who is confident and able to develop, maintain and nurture potential client relationships. In return you will join a fast-paced, start-up like environment where initiative and a questioning mind is valued. There are many opportunities for personal and professional growth for an ambitious person who would like to develop within a multi-faceted role.
Location: BioCity Scotland, Bo’Ness Rd, Newhouse ML1 5UH and Bio-Imaging Centre, Medical Block, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, G4 0SF Hybrid home and office working
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week), Permanent
Reports: Senior Business Development Executive
BDD Pharma Background
BDD Pharma is a rapidly growing research focused drug delivery company based in Glasgow with clinical trial, formulation development and GMP manufacturing capabilities. We specialize in the development of novel pharmaceutical products and undertaking bespoke clinical services which help our customers better understand how their drug delivery systems perform. When you join BDD, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of new medicines and improving the health of others.
We are looking for a technically competent and organized, but outgoing and confident individual. Your background need not be in business development or sales. We expect that you will be a hard-working and proactive person with high personal ambition to develop in a multi-faceted role. Just as important is your ability to establish personable relationships with both potential and existing clients. A scientific background is preferred, as technical competency will play a key role in successful proposal generation and closing of sales. You should be someone who is keen and open to travel as overseas conferences and client visits will be expected.
Why Join BDD Pharma?
· We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes private healthcare through Vitality, a generous pension scheme and access to our employee assistance programme with Health Assured.
· You will be part of a young workforce with an open and transparent culture which is maintained throughout the business.
· We offer a unique working environment as a combined CRO and investigative site with integrated formulation development, GMP manufacturing and clinical research services. This means that every day is different. Working at the cutting edge of early-stage drug
development and clinical research provides a challenging environment with continued learning.
· The opportunity to work on a variety of clinical studies across a range of therapeutic areas, helping to shape the development of new medicines with some of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies and those at the forefront of technological advances.
Business Development Background
Business Development and the sale of services are of fundamental importance to the company’s success. The business model relies on a healthy pipeline of projects for OralogiK™ utilization, scintigraphy studies and clinical services.
The role of a Business Development Executive is to grow the partnering and sale of services through: hunting new sales opportunities, management of initial external interest, customer relationship software use and good management, organization of non-confidential and confidential discussions and closing of sales for selected projects with assistance from the wider BDD team.
The Business Development Executive role works closely with the Senior Business Development Executive, CEO, COO, and the science leadership team. The importance of Business Development activity is well recognized within the company and the staff have a clear remit to engage in business development meetings and discussions.
This position will be based in the UK, covering a global territory.
· Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities.
· Self-generate sales leads through networking, referrals, and warm/cold calling.
· Set up appointments and visit potential customers with the BD team for new business.
· Represent BDD at trade exhibitions, events, and demonstrations.
· Maintain the customer relationship software recording of contacts and opportunities (CRM) to a high standard at all times.
· Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers. Understand and meet customer needs and spot potential new sales opportunities.
· Provide pre-sales technical product and services information to potential customers.
· Input in the preparation and delivery of appropriate non confidential and confidential presentations on products/services.
· Propose and manage confidentiality agreements with prospective clients, seeking advice and support as required.
· Support the Senior Business Development Executive in ensuring that proposals for customers are prepared efficiently and help gather cross functional inputs.
· Develop skills and understanding of commercial proposals and work towards leading own proposal generation with appropriate support and input.
· To take personal ownership for the delivery of personal and contribution to company goals & objectives.
· To demonstrate high levels of integrity and honesty at all times, establishing a culture
· of both personal and organizational trust.
· Has the ability to work flexible hours around the needs of both customers and BDD.
· To undertake other duties as requested by the Senior Business Development Executive and CEO in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
Skills and Experience
· The successful candidate may come from a variety of educational backgrounds with post graduate qualification in a scientific discipline.
· A minimum of 2 year’s experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry.
· Highly ambitious and results focused.
· Ability to build, maintain, and develop personal-professional relationships.
· A calm, resilient individual who can work under their own initiative.
· A flexible attitude to work and willingness to work to global client schedules.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize.
BDD are flexible as to location of this role, but the job holder will be expected to travel to BDD sites and to partnering meetings. Travel to partner locations in Europe and the US should be anticipated.