BDD Pharma Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the GDPR regulations the data controller is BDD Pharma Ltd of Basement Medical Block, Within Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.bddpharma.com and (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data registration form;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
The legal basis we rely upon for storing your personal information is:
- Legitimate interest
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BDD Pharma Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
“Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
- The type of cookies we’re talking about are web beacons and similar technologies which record log data. They are small text files stored on your computer for record-keeping purpose each time you visit our website.
- We do analyse data so we may collect anonymous data too. Whilst it does not directly identify you personally or contain any other information about you, it does identify your computer.
- We and our third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that stick around until you or your browser deletes them or they expire) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that are deleted when you close your browser) on the website.
- From a website point of view, the cookie helps us track overall site usage. We use this kind of information to improve the functionality and experience of our website.
- We do use web analytics services, which currently is Google Analytics.
- The other type of information we collect is non-identifiable data to help us derive global or industry usage metrics to assist forecasting, benchmarking, and trend analysis. We use it to help us crunch the numbers in the background.
- We don’t store credit card details, nor do we process credit/debit cards ourselves. We have no direct payment gateways on our website.
How we use this information
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you or where we are about to enter a contract with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purposes/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To provide you with better support and improve your customer or website-user experience.||Personal information||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and to grow our business)|
|To assist you with technical support issues or other issues relating to our Products and Services.||Personal information
|Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study what issues customers face while using our products, for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, and to prevent fraud)
|To communicate with you and respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests, such as sending you requested materials, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services.||Personal information||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and to grow our business)|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you. These include emails and/or SMS marketing communications i.e. newsletters and invites.||Personal information
Marketing and communications preferences
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
Please note that these will only be sent to you if you have requested the information or opted in to receiving marketing communications. We will provide you with instructions how you can easily remove yourself from that mailing list if you so wish.
|To record your marketing and communication preferences, so we can keep you informed about our Product updates and Service offerings.||Personal information
Marketing and communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|For our general business purposes (such as finance reporting and identifying usage trends campaign effectiveness).||Personal information||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.||Personal information
Website usage information
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products/services, to help us understand how our website is working and how we could improve it and our services)|
|To process a job application that you’ve submitted and communicate with you.||Personal information||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to assess an applicant’s suitability for employment via their job applications)|