Significantly improved OligoG lung deposition (2.3 times) has been demonstrated by use of a newly
developed DPI as compared to the 6% nebulised solution.
1. Khan S, et al. Overcoming Drug Resistance with Alginate Oligosaccharides Able To Potentiate the Action
of Selected Antibiotics. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2012, 56(10):5134-41
2. Powell LC, et al. The effect of alginate oligosaccharides on the mechanical properties of Gram-negative
biofilms. Biofouling. 2013, 29(4):413-21
3. Roberts JL, et al. An in vitro study of alginate oligomer therapies on oral biofilms. Journal of Dentistry.
4. Powell LC, et al. A nanoscale characterization of the interaction of a novel alginate oligomer with the cell
surface and motility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2014, 50(3):483-92
5. Pritchard et al. Effect of treatment with the sodium alginate oligomer OligoG, on the rheology of cystic
fibrosis sputum. ECFS 2013, WS15-5
6. Ermund A, et al. 2014, OligoG normalizes the CF mucus phenotype. See poster 235
7. Philips Respironics feasibility report on the Sidestream plus nebuliser and the 6% OligoG solution
A Dessen is the Chairman and AH Myrset is employed by AlgiPharma AS, and both are currently
shareholders of AlgiPharma; Howard Stevens is the Chairman and LA Hodges was an employee
of Bio-Images, a partner of AlgiPharma in the Eurostars project. Other authors were clinical
investigators whose hospital employer received financial contribution by AlgiPharma which was
strictly fee-for-service for conducting the study. Neither of these individuals have any
proprietary/commercial interest in OligoG or any equity interest in AlgiPharma.
AlgiPharma AS, Industriveien 33, N-1337 Sandvika, Norway, Phone: +47 67545770
BDD Pharma Ltd, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle St., Glasgow G4 0SF, UK: +44 (0)141 552 8791; email@example.com